Upcoming matches of Chelsea
|Premier League||Sat 17th Oct||15:00|
|Chelsea||3 – 3||Southampton||FT|
|Premier League||Sat 24th Oct||15:00|
|Premier League||Sat 31st Oct||15:00|
Latest News, Highlight, Match summary
- CHELSEA VS SEVILLA PREVIEW: FOR THE FIRST TIMESummer transfer player Chelsea will begin their journey in the most prestigious European arena and the first opponent is sevilla. This promises to be another tough match for the Lampard kids. This match will broadcast live on sportek. vsat 7:00 PM on Tuesday 20th October Chelsea vs Sevilla (Stadium: Stamford Bridge) European transfer player Entering […]
- Chelsea vs Southampton:Highlights & GoalsChelsea 3 – 3FT Southamton (Stadium: Stamford Bridge) Goals: Werner 15, 28, Havertz 59 – Ings 43, Che Adams 57, Vestergaard 90+2 Chelsea vs Southampton:The Hunter And The Prey Rookie Hakim Ziyech has completely recovered from a knee injury and he is ready to return. Can The Blues improve their achievement and looking to add […]
- Chelsea 3-0 Watford: Chelsea move back into the top four with a solid victory over WatfordGoals from Olivier Giroud, Willian and Ross Barkley gave Chelsea a very comfortable victory at Stamford Bridge to give back into the top four Goals: Giroud 28′, Willian (pen) 43′, Barkley 90+2′. At the start of play Manchester United had edged Frank Lampard’s team out of the top four for the first time since October. […]
- Highlights: Chelsea 3-0 WatfordGoals: Giroud 28′, Willian (pen) 43′, Barkley 90+2′.
- Chelsea 2 – 3 Westham: Chelsea’s shock defeat to West Ham affects the race for the top fourAndriy Yarmolenko’s late goal secured a priceless victory for West Ham after Willian had scored twice for Chelsea, ensuring David Moyes’s side moved three points clear of the relegation zone. Goals: Soucek 45+2′, Antonio 51′, Yarmolenko 89′ – Willian (pen) 42′, 72′. Chelsea did not create much despite dominating possession in the opening period. They weaved […]
Chelsea is one of the world’s top Football Clubs and the pride of Britain Football. Let have a closer look at the history of the club and how it became the legend of Britain.
Chelsea Football Club, also known as The Blues, was founded in 1905 by Gus Mears – a genius English businessman and a big football fan.
In 1904, Mears bought the Stamford Bridge athletics stadium to transform it into a football ground. His original idea was to rent it out to an existing club – the Fulham F.C. However, the deal never got tied, so, the man found his new way and started a new football club – the Chelsea F.C.
That was why although Chelsea’s home ground is in Fulham, the club is named after the neighbor ground – Chelsea. Although the club never had competed before, Chelsea got accepted to the Football League’s division two.
So far, Chelsea is the first and only football club to get admitted into a Football League without ever kicking the ball.
Journey To Glory
Talking about their journey to glory, a long-history club like Chelsea surely has many ups and downs to discuss.
On 1955 April 23rd, Chelsea FC beat Sheffield Wednesday three-nil to get their first-ever first division title. This title left most people shocked because Chelsea was expected to finish in the bottom half of the table.
However, that was the only big achievement of Chelsea with Ted Drake.
On April 2nd, 1982, Chelsea FC was sold to another businessman named Ken Bates. Chelsea did not win any title under Bates’ ownership, but, the man did steer the club back to stability and built a competitive squad over his 20 years.
The mega moment of the club came when Roman Abramovich – a Russian billionaire took over Chelsea and made Chelsea the first mega-rich football club in Britain.
On May 19th, 2012, Chelsea beat Bayern Munich on penalties in the Champions League final at Bayern’s home stadium – the Allianz Arena. Bayern took the lead late in the match, but Chelsea was able to level in the 85th minute. The match ended 1-1 with Chelsea winning 4-3 on penalties after seven rounds of shooting.
That wonderful redemption was such a break-out for the club who had lost painfully to Manchester United in the final 2008 Champion League.
Till today, Chelsea remains to be the only London based Football Club that won the Champion League or UEFA European Cup.
Right now, the race to the top 4 Premier League is becoming hotter than ever, especially after unpredictable developments in round 32. With a remarkable goal difference (+20 compared to +13), M.U. will surpass Chelsea if the Blues are drawn or lost in the next round.
After repeatedly down performance over the years, the goal to take back the pride in this 2020-2021 season is not an easy task for Chelsea.
However, the outstanding young players that the club is holding give us hope to see Chelsea step on the podium glory once again, such as Reece James, Marc Guehi, Dujon Sterling, Conor Gallagher, Tammy Abraham, Ethan Ampadu, and Billy Gilmour.
So, what do you think about Chelsea? After all ups and downs, I do think Chelsea has proved that they are truly the pride of Britain. How about you? Don’t hesitate to leave and comment and let me know.
Thank you for reading and see you next time!